The Gallery On The Square is now accepting new original works for commissioned sale. If you are a regional artist, please read through the following and contact us with any questions you may have.
GALLERY REQUIREMENTS FOR ARTISTS’ WORK:
- The Gallery only displays work of artists from or residing in Kentucky and Tennessee.
- The artist must bring in 3 to 5 pieces, suitable for display.
- Paintings must be framed OR if on a stretched canvas, the edges of the canvas must be painted as though the artwork continued around all edges. Framed pieces must be ready to be hung.
- Artists must leave their name, address, phone number and curriculum vitae so that the director will be able to contact them.
- The Standards committee will meet to determine if the pieces are suitable for display at the Gallery. Gallery reserves the right of refusal of any work submitted for display. Once the Standards committee has met, the director will notify the artist if his work has been accepted.
- Upon acceptance, a liability form/contract must be completed and submitted along with the biography page.
- Rotation of work is expected throughout the year. Any work left more than two (2) years without any contact between the Gallery and the artist will become the sole property of the Gallery.
- Artist agrees to participate in the Gallery’s layaway policy.
- The Gallery takes a 40% commission for the handling of the work with the artist receiving 60%.
- Artist s are paid every month.
If you would like to review our artist contracts or the biography form please find them in PDF format below. If you would like to submit work, you can print out the biography in advance and bring it with your work. If you are unable to do that, we”ll be happy to provide you with the form when you come to the Gallery.